STATEMENT OF EDWARD M. GRAMLICH, DEPUTY DIRECTOR, CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET OFFICE, BEFORE THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION, COMMITTEE ON ENVIRONMENT AND PUBLIC WORKS, UNITED STATES SENATE
This statement discusses the financial condition of the Highway Trust Fund and the resulting implications for the current federal highway program. The statement highlights options for refocussing the federal highway program, both to ensure the most cost-effective use of the limited funds that are available and to ensure those areas of greatest federal interest. The management and control of the Highway Trust Fund and changes in the highway obligations are discussed, and alternative ways to control spending are described. Comments are also made on the revenue outlook.
United States CongressCongressional Budget Office
Washington, DC United States 20510
- Publication Date: 1986-3-6
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Expenditures; Federal aid highways; Revenues
- Identifier Terms: Highway Trust Fund
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Law; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00457574
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1986 12:00AM