ANNUAL TRANSPORTATION CONVENTION, AUGUST 1984. FREIGHT TRANSPORT SESSION. VOLUME D. EFFICIENCY IN FREIGHT TRANSPORT. SAFETY IN FREIGHT TRANSPORT
JAARLIKSE VERVOERWESKONVENSIE, AUGUSTUS 1984. VRAGVERVOER
Papers presented at the session were all in English. Subjects covered are: Factors affecting energy intensity in the transport industry; a methodology for evaluating the energy implications of increasing vehicle capacity versus implementing other alternatives; the determination of berth requirements for goods vehicles: experience within the Springs central area; factors affecting utilization in the road freight industry; an investigation into the rules relating to liability and compensation for damage caused during the carriage of goods by road transportation; compulsory vehicle standards: a review of the compulsory vehicle standards program in South Africa; and background to operator licensing and road safety.
- Text in English and Afrikaans. See also PB85-223428 and PB85-223444.
Council for Scientific & Industrial Res S AfricaP.O. Box 395
Pretoria, South Africa
- Publication Date: 1984-8
- Pagination: 127 p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Economic efficiency; Energy consumption; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Highway transportation; Liability; Loss and damage; Methodology; Safety; Standards; Transportation; Vehicle capacity; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Subject Areas: Energy; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00457498
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CSIR-S-343-VOL-D
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1986 12:00AM