TRAFFIC DETECTOR HANDBOOK
The document presents the best current practices for the design, installation, operation and maintenance of three types of traffic detectors. These detectors include the widely used inductive loop detector, the magnetometer and the magnetic detector. The Handbook consolidates information that has been available to the engineering profession for some time. Included are some answers to some previous misconceptions about detector theory concerning inductive loops. Some innovative installation techniques are presented for all three types of detectors. Included in the Appendix is a Glossary of terms which will provide clarification to the industry and some recommended specifications for each type of detector.
- See also PB86-149234 and PB86-149242.
Diaz, Seckinger and Associates, IncorporatedDSA Building, 2005 Pan Am Circle
Tampa, FL United States 33607
- de Laski, A B
- Parsonson, P S
- Publication Date: 1985-4
- Pagination: 324 p.
- TRT Terms: Building; Design; Facilities; Handbooks; Installation; Loop detectors; Magnetic detectors; Magnetometers; Maintenance practices; Specifications; Vehicle detectors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Operation and maintenance
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00457476
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DSA/CM-80079-F-1, FHWA/IP-85/1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1986 12:00AM