ENERGY AND ROADS
Energy must also be saved in road transport, but within reasonable limits from the viewpoint of national economy. The first part of this documentation not only places energy consumption in road transport in the context of the general set of energy problems but offers also suggestions for energy-saving, taking transport safety and environmental protection into account at the same time. Improvement of the road network and traffic control affords essential possibilities of savings. The second part of this documentation gives a precise description of such economies in conjunction with a cost-benefit analysis. Transport safety and environmental protection are pointed out.
Deutsche StrassenligaBonn, Germany
- Walper, K H
- Kurzak, H
- Publication Date: 1984-3
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Benefit cost analysis; Energy conservation; Environmental protection; Highway transportation; Traffic control; Traffic safety
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00457419
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NP-5770350
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1986 12:00AM