PROJECT PLANNING DOCUMENT, HIGHWAY VEHICLE ALTERNATIVE FUELS UTILIZATION PROGRAM (AFUP): 1985 UPDATE
This Project Planning Document for the Department of Energy (DOE) Alternative Fuels Utilization Program (AFUP) has been formulated to provide guidelines and specific criteria for the evaluation and development of nonpetroleum-based transportation fuels derived from domestic resources. The operative portion of this document has been organized in terms of six basic classes of alternative fuels: (1) new hydrocarbon fuels, (2) alcohol fuels, (3) synthetic gasoline and diesel fuels, (4) advanced fuels, (5) emergency fuels, an (6) methane and related gaseous fuels. Within each class, general areas of R and D which must be addressed are illustrated in terms of a matrix format, while specific project relationships are identified by a corresponding flow chart. Also included in the Project Planning Document is an overview of the relationships between the various alternative fuel classes and an ultimate domestic highway transportation system. The mechanism for implementation of the AFUP is outlined.
Department of EnergyOffice of Vehicle and Engine Research and Development
Washington, DC United States 20585
- Publication Date: 1985-4
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohols; Alternate fuels; Hydrocarbons; Methane; Programming (Planning); Synthetic fuels; Utilization
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00457101
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOE/CE-0127
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 9:39PM