SIMULATION OF TRUCK MOTIONS
A study was carried out to evaluate the ability of a simulator facility to represent the motion environment experienced by a truck driver while performing typical driving maneuvers. Software was developed to command simulator motions in response to a truck model computer program. Measurements of translational acceleration and rotational velocity generated by the simulator's motion drive system were obtained. The predicted driver motion sensations in the truck and in the simluator were generated by a vestibular model and were compared with favorable results.
University of TorontoDepartment of Civil Engineering, 35 St George Street
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5S 1A4
- Reid, L D
- Nahon, M A
- Publication Date: 1985-9
- Pagination: 117 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Accuracy; Motion; Simulation; Software; Training simulators; Trucks; Velocity
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00457090
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UTIAS-294
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 9:39PM