ORE. QUESTION C 138. STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF TESTS FOR THE (Y/Q)A DERAILMENT CRITERION
This report contains a statistical analysis of the results of derailment tests carried out by BR, CFR, DB, SBB and SNCF. On the basis of the premise that (Y/Q)a value deduced constitutes a criterion of safety against derailment, extensive derailment tests were undertaken: 1) under special conditions 2) under conditions similar to operating and random samples of the non-derailments and the derailments were assembled and compared. The core of the report is the statistical analysis for defining statistically sound laws for (Y/Q)a.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1984-9
- Features: Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Coefficients; Derailments; Safety; Statistical analysis; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Question c138
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00456232
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORE C 138/RP 8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 9:37PM