AGGREGATE SELECTION AND EVALUATION
The purpose of this paper is to describe various methods of evaluating and selecting aggregate with the objective of producing portland cement concrete which will perform as intended. Various relationships, measures of the properties of the aggregate, proper proportioning of aggregate in concrete properties are described. Special attention is given to those methods which may not be well-known but have proven to be very useful evaluation tools. The use of reclaimed concrete as concrete aggregate is briefly discussed.
- Proceedings of the Conference on Crushed Stone for Road and Street Construction and Reconstruction, held June 14, 15, 1984, Arlington, Virginia.
National Crushed Stone Association1415 Elliot Place, NW
Washington, DC United States 20007
- Mass, G R
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Aggregates by source; Concrete; Concrete aggregates; Evaluation; Performance; Physical properties; Portland cement concrete; Proportioning; Recycling
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aggregate sources; Concrete properties; Selecting
- Old TRIS Terms: Aggregate characteristics
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; I32: Concrete; I36: Aggregates;
- Accession Number: 00455596
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1986 12:00AM