ASPHALTIC MIXTURES AND TREATMENTS
The author proposes that money designated for asphalt pavement research would be better spent on education in mix design, testing, and placement of the various pavement materials. He then proceeds to discuss each of these areas, pointing out such important things as the following: selction of the proper asphalt content; aggregate gradation and size; selection of fillers; aggregate blending; and use of recycled materials. His discussion was designed around slides which do not appear in the proceedings publication.
- Proceedings of the Conference on Crushed Stone for Road and Street Construction and Reconstruction, held June 14, 15, 1984, Arlington, Virginia.
National Crushed Stone Association1415 Elliot Place, NW
Washington, DC United States 20007
- Root, R E
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregate gradation; Aggregates; Asphalt content; Asphalt pavements; Asphalt tests; Blending; Fillers (Materials); Mix design; Paving; Recycled materials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aggregate size
- Old TRIS Terms: Aggregate blending
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; I31: Bituminous Binders and Materials;
- Accession Number: 00455592
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1986 12:00AM