TECHNICAL AND ECONOMIC ASSESSMENT OF NATIONAL PROGRAMMES OF DUAL-MODE TROLLEYBUSES. COMPARATIVE DESCRIPTION OF THE SYSTEMS. FINAL REPORT
The report gives some general information about the present transport situation and outlines the peripheral conditions for the deployment of electric bus systems. Details are given of the development and current status of electrically driven buses using power transmission lines. A brief history and technological development of trolley buses and duo-buses is presented together with a description of existing duo-buses (mains/battery buses and mains/diesel buses) in Europe: Belgium-VanHool ACEC AG28OT; Federal Republic of Germany-Mercedes-Benz 0305B; Federal Republic of Germany-Mercedes-Benz 0305GTD; Federal Republic of Germany-MAN SG24OH-DUO; Finland-SWS; France-Renault ER100R/ER100H; France-Renault PER180H; Italy-Mauri; Italy-Fiat CNR-IVECO 471BM.
Commission of the European CommunitiesBatiment Jean Monnet, Boite Postale 1003
- Publication Date: 1985-1
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Design; Diesel engines; Dual mode transportation systems; Electric batteries; Electric vehicles; Electricity; Public transit; Technology; Technology assessment; Trolleybuses; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Belgium; Finland; France; Germany; Italy
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus design
- ITRD Terms: 1315: Battery; 8008: Belgium; 1272: Bus; 9011: Design (overall design); 1314: Diesel engine; 1282: Electric vehicle; 6954: Electricity; 8035: Finland; 8036: France; 8125: Germany; 8051: Italy; 744: Public transport; 3855: Technology; 1273: Trolleybus
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00455346
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1986 12:00AM