EVALUATION OF A PROTOTYPE ACOUSTIC SIGNATURE INSPECTION SYSTEM FOR RAILROAD WHEELS
A description is given of considerations in the design of a prototype acoustic signature inspection system for railroad wheels. The evolution of each of the components of the system is detailed including hammers, microphones, wheel sensors, wayside electronics and signal conditioning unit. The structure of the software is described. Data acquisition procedures, the data base and evaluation of the wheel classification algorithms are also described.
- Record URL:
- Portions of this document are not fully legible.
Acoustic Systems, IncorporatedHouston, TX United States
- Haran, S
- Rocha, S M
- Finch, R D
- Publication Date: 1985-5
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 162 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic equipment; Data collection; Defects; Information processing; Inspection; Monitoring; Sensors; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Wheel defects
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00455250
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: RS-1, DOT/FRA/ORD-84/19
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1986 12:00AM