ORE. QUESTION B 108. PRELIMINARY TESTS ON A COACH
Tests were carried out at the request of the ORE Control Committee in order to determine how the static converters of coaches - converters for supplying the power for international coaches may put safety equipment at risk. These tests involved measuring the harmonic currents and input impedances of 2 coaches equipped with different types of power converters. The first stage of the tests was carried out on each of the two coaches taken separately and supplied with the various UIC voltages; measurements were taken for the coach during normal functioning and in the "impaired" situation, for different converter loads and different supply voltages. The results were compared with the limit values specified in ORE report B 108/RP 8 (April 1982).
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1984-4
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Auxiliary power units; Converters (Electricity); Electromagnetic interference; Harmonics; Monitoring; Passenger cars; Voltage regulators
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency power supply
- Old TRIS Terms: Converters; Question b108
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00455050
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORE B 108/RP 10
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 9:33PM