ORE. QUESTION C 163. WHEEL/RAIL CONTACT NOISE. EXISTING MATHEMATICAL MODELS AND RESEARCH PROSPECTS
This report concerns a bibliographical analysis of mathematical modelling of wheel/rail noise on railway tracked vehicles. It reviews the research performed by different teams which may lead to a better approach by modelling. Then it presents the model by Remington et al. (1982). Further research topics are proposed.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1985-9
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Car wheels (Railroads); Mathematical models; Noise; Railroads; Research; Sound level
- Old TRIS Terms: Question c163
- Subject Areas: Environment; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00455044
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORE C 163/RP5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 9:33PM