ORE. QUESTION C 167. AERODYNAMIC PHENOMENA OCCURRING WHEN TRAINS PASS THROUGH TUNNELS: TEST CARRIED OUT ON THE DIRETTISSIMA LINE IN THE COSTA DEI ROSI, CASTIGLIONE AND PIZZI DI FOGLIA TUNNELS
The present report describes the tests carried out by BR, DB, FS and SNCF during the series of general tests organised by FS on Direttissima. The aim of this series of tests was to study the acoustic, aerodynamic and thermal phenomena resulting from the running of high-speed trains in tunnels. The report summarises all the results obtained during the aerodynamic tests. For further details on these tests, reference can be made to the various specific reports which are being published in due course.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1985-9
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Air resistance; High speed rail; Train track dynamics; Tunnels
- Identifier Terms: Ferrovie dello Stato
- Old TRIS Terms: Question c167
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00455041
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORE C 167/RP 6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1986 12:00AM