ORE. QUESTION C 149. AERODYNAMIC MEASUREMENTS IN THE LES BACHEES TUNNEL
This report describes the measurements taken with high-speed trains passing each other in the LES BACHEES tunnel. The tunnel is 426 m long and has a cross-section of 41 m. The programme involved tests which made it possible in particular to measure pressure variations at fixed points in the tunnel and on the trains.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1984-9
- Features: Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; High speed rail; Measurement; Passing; Pressure waves; Tunnels; Wave motion
- Old TRIS Terms: Aerodynamic effects; Question c149
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00454985
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORE C149/RP 12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1986 12:00AM