GETTING AROUND TOWN
This report provides community leaders with a concise explanation of transportation alternatives and reviews their pros and cons. The changing transportation needs of Americans is examined and the attempts of several American cities to alleviate their own traffic problems are documented. Experience with transportation strategies, improving mass transit, and funding transportation improvements are considered. A set of guidelines are given which would help establish basic principles to help community leaders make decisions about their area's transportation strategy. The final chapter compares the cost and benefits of different transportation altenatives.
Highway Users Federation for Safety and Mobility1776 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Benefits; Costs; Decision making; Finance; Financing; Improvements; Mobility; Public transit; Transportation; Travel demand; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00454835
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1986 12:00AM