ASSESSMENT OF HEAVY-DUTY GASOLINE AND DIESEL VEHICLES IN CALIFORNIA: POPULATION AND USE PATTERNS. FINAL REPORT, JUNE 1983 - MARCH 1985
The report presents an inventory of Vehicle Miles Travelled (VMT) in California by heavy-duty vehicles (HDV) in each of the 58 counties and 14 air basins. To compile the inventory, PES used data generated by two California Department of Transportation (CAL TRANS) annual studies. These data were supplemented by several types of auxiliary data compiled by a literature search, a special truck traffic survey on 21 different routes selected from city and county roads, and an owner/operator telephone questionnaire on vehicle usage of 622 randomly selected HDV's. Out-of-state truck activities in California were estimated by analyzing data from the 1976 Interstate Transportation and Traffic Engineering Survey and the 1971 Institute of Transportation and Traffic Engineering Survey.
Pacific Environmental Services, Incorporated1930 14th Street
Santa Monica, CA United States 90405
- Horie, Y
- Rapoport, R
- Pantalone, J
- Publication Date: 1985-7
- Pagination: 276 p.
- TRT Terms: Data analysis; Data collection; Diesel fuels; Diesel trucks; Gasoline; Heavy vehicles; Mathematical analysis; Rural highways; Trucks; Urban highways; Vehicle miles of travel; Vehicles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00454383
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1986 12:00AM