BRIDGE DECK EXPANSION DEVICES. INTERIM REPORT
This report documents a study to evaluate promising bridge deck expansion joints with the intent to finding the most maintenance free and water proof expansion devices for use in Colorado. The evaluation included inspections and measurements during construction and after construction. The ability of a device to remain water tight is the most important quality used to determine the success of the device. Proper installation during construction is one of the most important factors which will ultimately determine the success of an expansion joint. Neoprene compression joint seals are recommended for future joints whenever possible. Onflex joints, Acme strip seal and Delastiflex have also performed well.
Colorado Department of HighwaysDivision of Transportation Planning, 4201 East Arkansas Ave.
Denver, CO United States 80222
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Swanson, H N
- Publication Date: 1985-9
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Building; Expansion joints; Facilities; Installation; Neoprene; Permeability; Seals (Devices)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compression seals
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00453748
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CDOH-DTP-R-85-10
- Contract Numbers: 1587A
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1988 12:00AM