POLICY STUDY: ENERGY CONSERVATION IN TRANSPORTATION IN PUERTO RICO
The present study is an initial effort to apply social system analysis to transportation energy conservation, in order to prepare the ground for a team effort of transportation and energy specialists, regional planners, policy analysis and generalists, and government administrators - with additoinal imputs from commerce, industry and the community at large. The task of this study has been to inventory the principal factors and inputs in the field of transportation energy demand and possible conservation, estimate their magnitudes and relations, and arrange in a tentative but reasoned pattern - where there were before only so many scattered data, technical studies with a limited focus, sectoral programs and decisions, and vague impressions about the serviceability, the impacts and the social value of the product. product.
University of Puerto Rico, San JuanCenter for Energy and Environment Research
San Juan, Puerto Rico 7908
- Mayda, J
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 93 p.
- TRT Terms: Data analysis; Energy conservation; Energy consumption; Impact studies; Mathematical analysis; Regional planning; Serviceability; Social values; Transportation policy
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Energy; Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00453551
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: CEER-X-32
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 9:26PM