ANNUAL TRANSPORTATION CONVENTION, AUGUST 1984. FREIGHT TRANSPORT SESSION. VOLUME D. EFFICIENCY IN FREIGHT TRANSPORT. SAFETY IN FREIGHT TRANSPORT
Papers presented at the session were all in English. Subjects covered were: factors affecting energy intensity in the transport industry; a methodology for evaluating the energy implications of increasing vehicle capacity versus implementing other alternatives; determination of berth requirements for goods vehicles: experience within the Springs central arrea; Factors affecting utilization in the road-freight industry; investigation into the rules relating to liability and compensation for damage caused during the carriage of goods by road transportation; compulsory vehicle standards: review of the compulsory vehicle standards program in South Africa; and background to operator licensing and road safety.
Council for Scientific & Industrial Res S AfricaP.O. Box 395
Pretoria, South Africa
- Publication Date: 1984-8
- Pagination: 127 p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Employee compensation; Energy consumption; Foreign; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Liability; Licenses; Loss and damage; Motor carriers; Standards; Vehicle capacity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compensation
- Subject Areas: Energy; Freight Transportation; Highways; Law; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00453541
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: CSIR-S-343-VOL-D
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 9:26PM