MOTOR VEHICLE AND DRIVER REGULATION IN NEW YORK STATE
This publication gives a brief historic sketch on the development of motor vehicle and driver regulation in New York State. From this review, it is evident that vehicle and driver regulation has gone through many changes since 1901. The emphasis since the formation of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles in 1924 has been on the type of regulation that will make travel safer for all. The current Department of Motor Vehicles will continue in that direction while at the same time doing whatever it can to make it easier and more convenient for motorists to transact their registration and licensing business.
New York State Department of Motor VehiclesGovernor Nelson A Rockefeller Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY United States 12228
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Driver licensing; History; Laws; Motor vehicles; Registrations
- Geographic Terms: New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Motor vehicle laws & regulations
- Subject Areas: Highways; History; Law; Safety and Human Factors; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00453148
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: P-99 (8/75), HS-039 313
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 28 1986 12:00AM