BICYCLE REGULATION IN NEW YORK STATE
This publication presents the policy position of the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles towards bicycles. Part I discusses the bicycle safety problem and bicycle accident patterns. Parts II and III provide information on bicycle registration and the licensing or certification of bicyclists, respectively. Part IV on accident prevention and control emphasizes bicycle accident reporting and reporting policies. Parts V, VI, and VII, respectively, discuss bicycle equipment design safety specifications, bicycle safety education, and the development of authorized bikeways.
- A Position Paper for the Department of Motor Vehicles on regulating the use of bicycles on the State's public ways.
New York State Department of Motor VehiclesGovernor Nelson A Rockefeller Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY United States 12228
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Bikeways; Crash reports; Cyclists; Design; Equipment; Policy; Prevention; Registrations; Regulations; Safety; Safety education; Standards; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Geographic Terms: New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Bicyclist licensing
- Subject Areas: Design; Education and Training; Highways; Law; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Policy; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Terminals and Facilities; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00453139
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-039 301
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 28 1986 12:00AM