PUBLIC INFORMATION CIRCULAR FOR SHIPMENTS OF IRRADIATED REACTOR FUEL, REVISION 5
This circular has been prepared in response to numerous requests for information regarding routes used for the shipment of irradiated reactor (spent) fuel subject to regulation by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), and to meet the requirements of Public Law 96-295. The information included reflects NRC staff knowledge as of June 1, 1985. Spent fuel shipment routes, primarily for road transportation, but also including one rail route, are indicated on reproductions of DOT road mas. Also included are the amounts of material shipped during the approximate three year period that safeguards regulations for spent fuel shiipments have been effective. In addition, the Commission has chosen to provide information in this document regarding the NRC's safety and safeguards regulations for spent fuel shipments as well as safeguards incidents regarding spent fuel shipments.
- See also NUREG-0725-REV-4.
Nuclear Regulatory CommissionOffice of Nuclear Material Safety and Safeguards
Washington, DC United States 20555
- Publication Date: 1985-6
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Maps; Nuclear fuels; Nuclear reactors; Railroad transportation; Routing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Observation
- Subject Areas: Energy; Freight Transportation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00453080
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 9:23PM