A PUBLIC TRANSPORT CENTURY. UITP 1885-1985
This historical essay, marking the centenary of the International Union of Public Transport (UITP), traces the evolution of the organization in conjunction with that of public transit worldwide. The history is related to simultaneous social and industrial development which occurred while local transportation grew in cities and their surrounding regions. There is an attempt to deal with the consequences of all these developments. The book contains information on the functions, personnel and publications of UITP. The chapters: (I) Beginnings; (II) 1885-1914; (III) 1914-1939; (IV) Towards a World-Wide Union, 1939-1985; (V) Public Transport in the World, 1945-1985.
Brussels, Belgium BE-1080
- Robbins, R M
- Publication Date: 1985
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transit; History; Light rail transit; Organizations; Public transit; Rapid transit; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Urbanization
- Identifier Terms: International Union of Public Transport
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus services
- Subject Areas: History; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00452500
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 9:21PM