ACCIDENT INVOLVEMENT OF SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS
At the request of the New York State School Bus Operators Association, the Division of Research and Development undertook a study of the driving records of school bus drivers. The purpose of the study was to determine if there exists a relationship between driver age and officially recorded accidents on the driving records of school bus drivers. A systematically selected sample of driver records was examined. As a result of this examination, we concluded that, in general, school bus drivers under thirty years of age and over sixty-five years of age have a disproportionately large number of accidents, compared to school bus drivers in the intervening age groups.
New York State Department of Motor VehiclesGovernor Nelson A Rockefeller Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY United States 12228
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Age; Crash rates; Driver records; Drivers; School bus drivers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver age
- Subject Areas: Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00452426
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Res Rpt., HS-039 295
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 28 1986 12:00AM