TO SAVE MONEY, GAS, LIVES 55 IS TOPS
This pamphlet, prepared by the New York State Governor's Traffic Safety Committee, promotes the idea of a 55 mph speed limit. The theme of New York State's campaign is "55 Is Tops." It describes the special State Police task force dedicated to speed law enforcement, as well as similar units created on the local level. Benefits of the national maximum speed limit include saving money, gas, and lives.
Governor's Traffic Safety CommitteeSwan Street Building, Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY United States 12228
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: 55 mph speed limit; Benefits; Brochures; Speed limits; Traffic law enforcement
- Identifier Terms: National Maximum Speed Limit
- Old TRIS Terms: Pamphlets
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00452412
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-039 281
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 28 1986 12:00AM