ESTIMATES OF SHOULDER SEAT BELT USE FROM ANNUAL 1979-1984 SURVEY
This leaflet briefly summarizes the results and survey method of the most recent in a series of annual seat belt use surveys which was undertaken by Transport Canada between November 23rd and November 29th 1984. Among the results was the report that in 1984, 98% of the cars observed had shoulder belts available and the estimated proportion of drivers wearing shoulder belts among all cars increased from 50.5% to 53.7% nationally. Two tables of data are presented showing the following: (1) Estimates of shoulder seat belt use from annual 1979-1984 survey; and (2) Estimates of shoulder seat belt use by road types for 1984 survey.
Transport Canada330 Sparks Street, Tower C, 8th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0N5
- Publication Date: 1985-1
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Estimates; Manual safety belts; Rural areas; Surveys; Tables (Data); Urban areas; Utilization
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00452367
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: TP 2436, HS-038 770
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 31 1986 12:00AM