ACCIDENT FACTS 1985 EDITION
The 1985 edition of "Accident Facts" reflects the National Safety Council's current unifying theme of 24-hour protection of the individual in all aspects of safety: on the job, at home, on the highway, at recreation, and in the course of everyday life. This edition also acknowledges the increasing importance of health concerns as our knowledge has expanded about the potential adverse effects of various hazardous materials. Some changes have been made in "Accident Facts" this year to inform the reader and facilitate work on these problems. A special page on occupational health is now a regular feature of the Work Section of "Accident Facts." This edition presents Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates of the number of recognized occupational illnesses, and Council estimates of relative risk of occupational illness by industry based on data from California. A new section on Environmental Health has been inaugurated which this year features a discussion on lead exposure. The Public section has been expanded to make room for more discussion of nontransport-related accident topics. Drowning is the featured subject this year. The wage loss estimates in this edition are based on a revised procedure developed over the past year by the Council's statisticians during a review of the accident cost estimating procedures. Other cost components will be revised in future editions.
National Safety Council444 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL United States 60611
- Publication Date: 1985
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Crashes; Environmental impacts; Estimating; Hazardous materials; Hazards; Highway safety; Lead (Metal); Occupational safety; Public health; Risk assessment; Statistics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Accident costs
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Environment; Finance; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00452282
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-039 454
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 31 1986 12:00AM