AUTOMOBILE ODOMETER MODIFICATION
This document represents a hearing before the Subcommittee on Surface Transportation of the Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation of the United States Senate, 98th Congress, Second Session on S. 1407-to protect purchasers of used automobiles from fraudulent practices associated with automobile odometer modifications, and for other purposes. Witnesses include: Joan Claybrook (Public Citizen); C.C. Gunn (National Automobile Dealers Association); John L. Sullivan (Nebraska New Car Dealers Association); Pat Fagan (Wisconsin Automobile and Truck Dealers Association); and Diane Steed (NHTSA).
- Hearing before the Subcommittee on Surface Transportation of the United States Senate, 98th Congress, 2nd Session on S. 1407.
United States SenateCommittee on Commerce, Science and Transportation
Washington, DC United States 20510
- Publication Date: 1984-4-12
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Committees; Consumers; Fraud; Hearings; Oedometers; Used vehicle industry
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Senate; United States Congress
- Subject Areas: Highways; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00452220
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 98-74, HS-038 625
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 31 1986 12:00AM