DRIVER LICENSING EXAMINER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM AND CORE CURRICULUM INSTRUCTOR'S LESSON PLANS
This publication describes a Certification Program for driver licensing examiners which is based on the premise that for driver examiners to be recognized as professionals there must be a national program to assure the public, the institutions served, and government of the competence and quality of the practitioners in the field. The primary program emphasis is on recorded and evaluated achievement, and tested knowledge of driver licensing principles and techniques. Specific Certification Program objectives are: (1) to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of driver examining personnel; (2) to upgrade the professionalism of driver examiners; and (3) to establish standards for driver examiner training that will assist individual States/Provinces in their training programs.
- Guidelines for Motor Vehicle Administrators, produced in cooperation with the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1985-8
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 131 p.
- TRT Terms: Certification; Driver examiners; Driver licensing; Loans; Measures of effectiveness; Professional personnel; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Finance; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00452215
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-806 812
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 31 1986 12:00AM