FLUIDIC BOW THRUSTER
A new propulsion maneuvering device having no moving parts is described. The effect of varying certain parameters and optimization of a 1/10 laboratory scale model are discussed and performance data are presented. A 2500 lb thrust prototype unit is described and a report of its performance is given. An application of the Fluidic Bow Thruster for a 37,250 dwt tanker is presented and other applications are discussed.
- Presented at the 4th Annual Conference and Exhibition, Critical Look at Marine Technology, Marine Technology Society, July 8-10, 1968, Washington, D.C.
Marine Technology Society5565 Sterrett Place, Suite 108
Columbia, MD USA 21044
- Bowles, R E
- Publication Date: 1968
- Pagination: p. 601-15
- TRT Terms: Bow thrusters; Fluidics; Maneuverability; Thrusters
- Old TRIS Terms: Fluidic devices
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00019361
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1972 12:00AM