SIDE PROTECTION IN 2-DOOR AND 4-DOOR PRODUCTION VEHICLES MDB-TO-CAR SIDE IMPACT TEST OF A 26 DEGREE CRABBED MOVING DEFORMABLE BARRIER TO A 1981 DODGE OMNI AT 33.5 MPH
This test report documents one of a series of thirteen crash tests to evaluate side impact protection in various vehicle models. Testing was conducted on a 1981 Dodge Omni 2-door hatchback at the TRCO Crash Test Facility, East Liberty, Ohio. The test vehicle was impacted on the left side by a moving deformable barrier, crabbed to 26 deg, at 33.5 mph. Occupant responses of two side impact dummies were measured. One dummy was located in the driver's designated seating position and one was located in the left rear seating position. The test date was January 9, 1984 and the ambient temperature was 32 deg F.
East Liberty, OH United States 43319
- Stultz, J
- Publication Date: 1984-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 174 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash tests; Crashes; Dummies; Occupant dynamics; Side crashes; Testing; Vehicle tests
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00452188
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 840109 Test Rpt., HS-806 785
- Contract Numbers: DTNH22-82-A-08401
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 31 1986 12:00AM