SURVEY FORMS FOR CONDUCTING ALCOHOL HIGHWAY SAFETY SURVEYS
Five Alcohol Highway Safety Survey Questionnaires are provided in this report. The questionnaires are available for use by State and local jurisdictions interested in assessing and/or evaluating anti-drinking-driving activities through surveys addressing relevant attitudes, knowledge and behavior. As Form A emphasizes the risk of being apprehended and punished for driving while intoxicated (DWI), individuals primarily interested in the effects of general deterrence programs will find Form A useful. Both versions of Form B emphasize attitudes about drinking and driving and actions for avoiding driving after drinking too much. Either version of Form B can be used by jurisdictions interested in assessing prevention, education and/or public information programs. Practitioners interested in assessing both general deterrence and public information activities can employ either Form C or Form D. However, Form D is recommended primarily for use by jurisdictions wishing to append questions specific to local anti-drinking-driving activities. Items on each questionnaire have been pretested for understanding and interpretability. The report includes information on the purpose, description and use of the various survey instruments.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Vegega, M E
- Publication Date: 1985-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 83 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Behavior; Countermeasures; Data collection; Drivers; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Hazards; Information dissemination; Knowledge; Questionnaires; Risk assessment; Safety; Safety education; Surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Deterrence
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00452184
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-806 754
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 31 1986 12:00AM