PROPOSALS TO TRANSFER THE BUREAU OF MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY TO NHTSA. JOINT HEARING BEFORE THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON TELECOMMUNICATIONS, CONSUMER PROTECTION, AND FINANCE, AND THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT ACTIVITIES AND TRANSPORTATION, 99TH CONGRESS, FIRST SESSION, APRIL 18, 1985
This presents the joint hearings before the Subcommittee for Telecommunications, Consumer Protection and Finance, and the Subcommittee on Government. Activities and Transportation Statements are presented by representatives from the following: The Federal Highway Administration; the General Accounting Office; Teamsters for a Democratic Union; truckdrivers; International Brotherhood of Teamsters; a former Federal Motor Carrier Safety Investigator; and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Material is also submitted for the record by the American Trucking Associations, Incorporated; truckdrivers; the Telecommunications, Consumer Protection and Finance and Government Activities and Transportation Subcommittees' Report of the FHWA Task Force to Review the Organization Structure of the Motor Carrier Safety Programs of the Transportation Department; and his town of Vail.
United States House of RepresentativesCommittee on Energy and Commerce
Washington, DC United States 20515
- Publication Date: 1985
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 164 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway safety; Labor unions; Motor carriers; Public hearings; Trucking
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Federal Highway Administration; U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00452158
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Serial No. 99-24
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 9:18PM