CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION'S RESPONSE TO HAZARDS OF ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLES (ATV'S)
This is a transcript of a hearing before the Commerce, Consumer and Monetary Affairs Subcommittee of the House Committee on Government Operations on the effectiveness of the Consumer Product Safety Commission's response to the increasing number of deaths and injuries related to the use of all-terrain vehicles, specifically whether the Commission's working with the industry to develop a voluntary standard is sufficient to safeguard the public and, if noot, what else should be done. Testimony is heard from both those who maintain that all-terrain vehicles are inherently unsafe and those who blame the rising tide of accidents on rider misuse.
- Hearing before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Government Operations, House of Representatives, 99th Congress, 1st Session.
United States House of RepresentativesCommittee on Government Operations
Washington, DC United States 20515
- Publication Date: 1985-5-21
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 480 p.
- TRT Terms: All terrain vehicles; Measures of effectiveness; Regulations; Vehicle design; Vehicle safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations; Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00451662
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 9:12PM