ENERGY AND ROADS
Energy must also be saved in road transport, but within reasonable limits from the viewpoint of national economy. The first part of this documentation not only places energy consumption in road transport in the context of the general set of energy problems but offers also suggestions for energy-saving, taking transport safety and environmental protection into account at the sametime. Improvement of the road net and traffic control affords essential possibilities of saving. The second part of this documentation gives a precise description of such economies in conjunction with a cost-benefit analysis. Transport safety and environmental protection are pointed out. out.
Deutsche StrassenligaBonn, Germany
- Walper, K H
- Kurzak, H
- Publication Date: 1984-3
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Energy conservation; Environmental protection; Highway transportation; Traffic safety
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Environment; Highways; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00451647
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: NP-5770350
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 9:12PM