FREIGHT NETWORK MODELING SYSTEM. VOLUME VI RATE SIMULATION SOFTWARE USER'S GUIDE
This report documents a program (RATE) that uses FNEM subroutines and the network data bases to simulate transportation rates. It also documents the modifications made to the Uniform Rail Costing System (URCS) developed by the Interstate Commerce Commission, to allow it to be used as a subroutine in RATE and FNEM. RATE, the network data and cost subroutines from FNEM are used to determine the costs and competition that carriers face in making a shipment. These data, in turn, are used to simulate rate-making. used to simulate rate-making.
Argonne National Laboratory9700 South Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL United States 60439
- Publication Date: 1985-4
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Freight transportation; Manuals; Rates; Simulation
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00451638
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: ANL/ER-TM-84-1-VOL6
- Contract Numbers: W-31-109-ENG-38
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 9:12PM