PROJECT BOOKLET FOR AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT SYSTEM TERMINAL STATIONS 1,2, AND 3. ODP NO. 588
This booklet provides an overview of the three Automated Guideway Transit (AGT) Termninal Area Stations in the core of Chicago's O'Hare Airport. These stations have been located at the approximate midpoint of each terminal and to the outside of the upper level roadway, being linked to the ajacent terminal building by a new overhead pedestrain bridge and with below-grade connections to existing pedestrian tunnels which link terminal and public parking garage. Each station will have an island-type platform reached by means of stairs and escalators. The entire platform, including guideway, will be enclosed by a single structure. The AGT System will serve to connect the Terminal Area with a remote surface parking facility on the airport property.
- This document is intended for review by the Airline consistent with the provision of Article IX, Section 9.03a of the Airport Use Agreement and Terminal Facilities Lease. ADP Number TA-1 and TX-06a.
Municipal Reference LibraryCity Hall, 121 LaSalle Street, Room 1004
Chicago, IL United States 60602
- Publication Date: 1985-3-11
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport access; Airports; Automated guideway transit; Railroad stations; Specifications; Structural design
- Geographic Terms: Chicago (Illinois)
- Old TRIS Terms: Station design
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00451286
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ODP 588
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 30 1985 12:00AM