TRANSIT BUS MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT. VOLUME 2. MILWAUKEE COUNTY TRANSIT SYSTEM BUS MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT CASE STUDY
This report is a case study of transit bus maintenance management and performance at the Miwaukee County Transit System, located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The study covers the general background of the transit system; descriptions of its fleet and garages; maintenance policy and the formation of policy; use of performance measures; maintenance reliability; the inventory and procurement process; hiring, promotion, and training of maintenance employees; and the union/management relationship. This is one of eight case studies, which are purely descriptive.
- See also PB85-157139.
Chicago, IL United States 60607
- Publication Date: 1984-6
- Pagination: 93 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Case studies; Inventory; Labor unions; Maintenance facilities; Maintenance management; Maintenance personnel; Maintenance practices; Performance evaluations; Supply; Training; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Availability; Bus maintenance
- Geographic Terms: Milwaukee (Wisconsin)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Freight Transportation; Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00451190
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IL-11-0030-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 30 2002 12:00AM