DRUNK DRIVING PUBLIC INFORMATION PROGRAM STRATEGIES AND PLANNING GUIDE
This document is a compendium of specific drunk driving topics and issues for each of the major planning steps of a public information program. These lists were compiled from a review of campaign materials from organizations around the country. The intent is to provide alcohol coordinators with the opportunity to read messages and planning ideas used by others and to provide suggestions for further development by local planners, advisory committees, focus groups, and advertising agencies working on the program. It is, of course, necessary that specific strategies be "localized" to reflect the needs of the community in which the message would be used. This resource should be useful in writing public information plans and position statements, preparing speeches, briefing volunteers, studying for talk show appearances, and the like. It is hoped that this manual will help develop more effective materials for changing public attitudes and behaviors about drunk driving. In addition, there are several drunk driving television public service announcements available to illustrate some of the items as indicated by the number in the right column. (See Master List in the Appendix). These spots may be borrowed to use on the air or to use as "trigger films" with groups. They are available from the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (formerly The Highway Traffic Safety Research Institute) in Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, or from your State's Highway Safety Department.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1985-1
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 148 p.
- TRT Terms: Advertising campaigns; Attitudes; Behavior; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Guidelines; Manuals; Planning; Publicity; Television; Traffic safety education
- Uncontrolled Terms: Programs
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00450338
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-806 680
- Contract Numbers: DTNH22-81-C-05093
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1985 12:00AM