DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISE (DBE) PROGRAM RESOURCE MANUAL
This report was prepared to explain the minority business implications of the laws and regulations governing funds from the Urban Mass Transportation Administration, and to assist prospective contractors who use these funds in setting up minoirty procurement programs to meet the mandated disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) responsibilities. The report describes a variety of techniques for finding and using DBF's, and reviews a network of DBE support organizations which is in place. It describes a number of sources and data banks which can be used to identify qualified DBE firms with expertise in particular areas. The document also includes a listing of some 250 DBE firms which have transit-related capabilities. The document should be of special interest to transit managers of medium and smaller size properties.
Latin American Manufacturers Association419 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20003
- Publication Date: 1984-10
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Contractors; Federal aid; Minorities; Public transit; Subsidies
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Public Transportation; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00450288
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-I-85-11
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 8:59PM