INVESTIGATE ALTERNATIVES FOR SOLVENT-BORNE TRAFFIC PAINT
Restrictions on the amount of volatile organic compounds emitted into the atmosphere during traffic striping operations have been drastically increased by the proposed rulings of the California Air Resources Board. To comply with these regulations, alternative materials for road delineation had to be investigated. These alternatives include water-borne traffic paint and high solids coatings. Work on the water-borne traffic paint was terminated before the final evalaution was made and research efforts were directed toward the hgih solids coatings. Final evalaution on the high solids coatings and any further work done on water-borne traffic paint will be reported at a later date. a later date.
5900 Folsom Boulevard
Sacramento, CA United States 95819
- Chatto, D R
- Shelly, T L
- Publication Date: 1983-1
- Pagination: 124 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Solids; Solvents; Traffic paint; Water
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; I35: Miscellaneous Materials;
- Accession Number: 00450279
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TL-604187, FHWA-83/03
- Files: TRIS, ATRI, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 8:59PM