EXPEDIENT RUNWAY SURFACING WITH POST TENSIONING SYSTEM FOR EXPEDITIONARY AIRFIELDS
This patent application discloses a portable airfield runway having anchored and tensioning system which is comprised of a plurity of fiberglass reinforced plastic panels anchored with earth anchors at each end of the runway and uses self-contained hydraulic tensioning and load maintenance units to maintain constant tension on the runway while allowing for both expansion/contraction due to temperature and dynamic aircraft braking loads.
Department of the NavyWashington, DC United States
- Springston, Preston S
- Claxton, R L
- Publication Date: 1985-2
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport runways; Anchorages; Fiberglass; Patents; Portable equipment; Posttensioning; Reinforced plastics
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00450176
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: AD-DO11 677/2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 8:57PM