RESEARCH ACTIVITIES 1983
It is the task of the Institute for Road Safety Research (SWOV), Netherlands to coordinate research activities in the field of traffic safety in the Netherlands. This publication described the activities of SWOV and of the relationships between the various projects as well as the progress achieved in 1983. The research conducted by SWOV can be roughly divided into two categories: basic research and policy-supporting research. The basic research of SWOV covers theory formation, collection of data and the development of instruments. Policy-supporting research is comprised of research into volume and trend of traffic safety, the factors which influence the occurrence and course of accidents and the effects of counter measures. SWOV has also a share in the development of countermeasures.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- Publication Date: 1984
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Countermeasures; Crash causes; Data collection; Failure; Highway safety; Instrumentation; Policy; Theoretical studies; Traffic safety; Traffic volume
- Old TRIS Terms: Failure lines
- Subject Areas: Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00450121
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-038 363
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1985 12:00AM