NEGLIGENT-OPERATOR TREATMENT EVALUATION SYSTEM: PROGRESS REPORT
This report describes the current Negligent-Operator (Neg-Op) Treatment Program in California and the ongoing evaluation system which will be used as the basis for annual effectiveness reports. The Neg-Op Treatment Program is characterized by increasingly severe interventions as a driver accumulates more Neg-Op points for traffic convictions and/or accidents. There are four levels of intervention, from a mild warning to license suspension. At each level of the Neg-Op program there are two types of intervention: the alcohol intervention for drivers involved in alcohol-related incidents and the regular intervention for other drivers.
California Department of Motor VehiclesP.O. Box 11828, 2415 1st Avenue
Sacramento, CA United States 95813
- Marsh, B
- Publication Date: 1985-3
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Driver rehabilitation; Drunk driving; Injury severity; Penalties; Repeat offenders; Traffic violators
- Uncontrolled Terms: Intervention; Rehabilitation; Severity
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00450051
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Cal-DMV-RSS-85-94
- Files: TRIS, ATRI, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 8:55PM