OCEAN SEDIMENT HOLDING STRENGTH AGAINST BREAKOUT OF PARTIALLY EMBEDDED OBJECTS
Breakout force becomes an engineering problem in ship salvage, submarine Rescue and submersible design. A reasonable estimate of the required breakout force prior to lifting a heavy sunken ship from the seafloor may reduce time loss and equipment commitment or damage during the salvage operation.
- Presented in ASCE Proc Civ Eng. in Oceans, 2nd Conf, Miami Beach, Florida, Dec 10-12, 1969.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Liu, C L
- Publication Date: 1969-12-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 105-16
- TRT Terms: Force; Salvage; Search and rescue operations; Sediments
- Old TRIS Terms: Breakout forces; Sediment holding strength
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00019273
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1973 12:00AM