WAVE-MAZE, FLOATING BREAKWATER
The basic component of this breakwater consists of used truck tires some of which are filled with flotation material such as polystyrene, polyurethane, plastic bottles, inner tubes, or other material which will provide flotation. The construction consists of a top horizontal diaphragm of truck tires bolted to a center sandwich of vertical tires arranged in a triangular pattern. The breakwater should be constructed so that the width is approximately the length of the wave to be attenuated.
- Proceedings of ASCE Civil Engineering in Oceans, 2nd Conference, Miami Beach, Florida, December 10-12, 1969.
New York, NY USA 10017-2398
- Noble, H M
- Publication Date: 1969-12
- Pagination: p. 929-942
- TRT Terms: Breakwaters; Damping (Physics); Floating breakwaters
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00019121
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1973 12:00AM