CRITICAL SURVEYS OF DATA SOURCES: MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF METALS
This study was undertaken with the objective of providing a detailed critical survey of the existent sources of mechanical property data for commercially available metals and alloys. The survey assesses the scope, assets, and deficiencies of about 40 of the most prominent sources of such information. Included are: handbooks and technical compilations, information centers, foreign information sources, technical societies, and trade associations. Since the aim in making this survey was to restrict it to sources that actually had compilations of mechanical property data in some form, sources offering only generalized guides to the literature, monographs, textbooks, or periodicals publishing original research or engineering articles were not included. Such generalized guides, however, are treated in a separate appendix.
National Bureau of StandardsDepartment of Commerce
Washington, DC USA 20234
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 81 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Design standards; Materials science; Mechanical engineering; Metallurgy; Metals
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00081627
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ASME Journal of Mechanical Engineering
- Report/Paper Numbers: #396-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1976 12:00AM