TODAY'S STERN-TUBE BEARINGS. HOW GOOD?
The problems of early oil-lubricated stern tube bearings and seals are reviewed. Modern designs for sealings and stern tube, lineshaft and tilting-pad journal bearings are described with examples of recent installations. The improved performance of these new designs is discussed, from both the technical and the economic points of view.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/07325460
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation30 Church Street
New York, NY USA 10007
- Publication Date: 1970-9
- Pagination: p. 82-83
- Marine Engineering/Log
- Volume: 75
- Issue Number: 10
- Publisher: New York: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corp.
- ISSN: 0732-5460
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Journal bearings; Seals (Devices); Shaft bearings; Sterns
- Old TRIS Terms: Lineshaft bearings; Stern bearings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00019113
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1971 12:00AM