SACRIFICIAL ANODE APPLICATIONS IN THE SEAGOING MARINE INDUSTRY
The ballast/cargo tanks of crude oil tankers and ballast only tanks of a wide variety of seagoing ships are successfully and economically protected with either Galvalum or Hi Amp zinc anodes. Long term economies can be achieved by installing both materials with either clamps or by bolting to flat bars welded to tank structures. Zinc, aluminum and magnesium anodes uses are described.
- Proceedings of the 25th Conference of the National Association of Corrosion Engineers, March 10-14, 1969, Houston, Texas.
National Association of Corrosion Engineers2400 West Loop South
Houston, TX United States 77027
- Kurr, G W
- Publication Date: 1970
- Pagination: p. 444-454
- TRT Terms: Anodic protection; Corrosion; Corrosion protection; Sacrificial anodes
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00016676
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 20 1971 12:00AM